On-line registration for the 36th annual CHCA “Run Through The Hills” 5k is OPEN! Pre-registration is $15 (before July 1); day-of registration will be $20. The first 150 people to register will get a race T-shirt. NOTE: if you are signing up multiple people, please enter and pay for each person separately so we can get details for each runner.
Click here to register on-line. You can also print and send in our mail-in registration form with your payment. The race map is below.
Looking forward to another great race this year!
Our 4th of July extravaganza is this Saturday! The lineup of events includes:
- 8:30am: 37th annual “Run Through the Hills” 5k – check-in and day-of registration 7:30-8:15
- 10:00am: Spirit Parade – children ride their decorated bikes, trikes, strollers, etc around the park; awards for best decorations!
- 10:00am – 1:00pm: Festival! Live music includes Colonial Hills’s own musical talents: Arnett Howard, Tyler Moore, and Matt Steidle. Also there will be midway games, bounce houses, and concessions. Tickets for bounce-houses and games are 25 cents each; “all-play” bracelets are $5
Volunteers needed! Sign-up online to volunteer: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0F4DA4AC2DAAF58-4thofjuly/
Looking forward to seeing you there!
This year’s Colonial Hills Neighborhood Garage Sale is Saturday, June 20, 2015, 9am-2pm. All are invited to participate! If you plan to participate as a seller, please contact Rachael Dorothy via facebook or at email@example.com. Rachael is creating a master list of addresses to publicize the event, and also distributing “garage sale care packages” (care of CyMack) to anyone hosting a sale.
Remember, if you are hosting a garage sale for this event (or at any time), it is necessary to request a permit from the City of Worthington at least 7 days in advance and pay a $5 fee. More at the City Clerk website at http://www.worthington.org/index.aspx?NID=468#.
Invite everyone you know to come shop the Colonial Hills Neighborhood Garage Sale on June 20, and help make our event a success!
Attention all High School Seniors living in Colonial Hills: the CHCA is offering post-high school scholarships. Applications can be found at CHCA Educational Scholarship 2015 Application (MS Word) and CHCA Educational Scholarship 2015 Application (PDF).
Any graduating senior is eligible, and scholarship money can be used for all types of educational programs beyond high school (e.g. college, vocational school/training, technical, business institute, etc).
Applications (with transcripts) are due April 10, 2015 (if mailed, postmarked by April 8). Please see application forms (links above) for more info and application form.
For any questions, please contact Jenny Kendall firstname.lastname@example.org or Doug Knight email@example.com.
Best of luck to each of you!
Hope that everyone had a great summer, and that your fall/autumn is going well! This is the time of year when our neighborhood events calendar starts to heat up again. Here are the upcoming Colonial Hills events:
- Sunday, Oct 26 @3:00 pm: Halloween Party! (Selby shelterhouse)
- Friday, Oct 31 @6:00 pm: Beggars’ night (door-to-door)
- Tuesday, Nov 11 @7:30 pm: Monthly CHCA meeting (Selby). CHCA officer elections!
- Saturday, Nov 15 @9:00 am: Food Drive
…and then we get to December and holiday and end-of-year events. See the “Fall 2014″ edition of the Courier for more info.
Also, if you’re new to the neighborhood, we do have regular curbside leaf pickup. See the Leaf Collection page of worthington.org for more about that.
Look forward to seeing you at one or more of the above!
The 35th Annual Run Through the Hills 5k was another resounding success! We had a beautiful course, great weather, and a full field of participants out to have fun and be fit. Congratulations to all our runners, and thanks to Jeff Spain and Courtney Jolley and their volunteers for another well-run event! Thanks also to our sponsors for their contributions: Kroger, Bart’s Dry Cleaners, RoadID, CyMack Realty, and the Worthington Police Department.
Here are the complete results:
Hope to see you again for next year’s race!
Join us on Friday, July 4, for our Independence Day Celebration / 4th of July Extravaganza! Here is the schedule of events:
- 7:30 am: Race registration / packet pickup
- 8:30 am (sharp!): 35th Annual Run Through the Hills starts!
- 10:00 am: Spirit Parade – children ride their decorated bike / trike / wagon / stroller / scooter / big wheel / etc around the park. Pets (especially decorated pets!) are also welcome. Prizes for best decorated!
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm: Festival! Bounce houses, midway games, 50/50 raffle, and concessions. Plus entertainment from Colonial Hills’ own Matt Steidle!
The weather forecast looks great – hope to see you there!
Colonial Hills garage sale day is this Saturday, June 14! Thirty-five homes have officially registered, plus there are a few of us last-minuters in the neighborhood who are also planning to join. CyMack has provided this neighborhood map and list of “official” participating houses. The list also shows what items are being offered at some homes. “Official” hours for the sale are 9am-2pm, but some houses may offer extended hours. Happy treasure hunting!
Saturday, June 14, is garage sale day for Colonial Hills! We will advertise and distribute a map of all homes in our neighborhood hosting a garage sale that day.
If you are interested in participating, please contact Rachael Dorothy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-406-6391. You will also be required to submit a Garage Sale permit to the Worthington City Clerk with a $2 (two dollar!) application fee.
Cynthia Mackenzie and CyMack Group are sponsoring the event, and will provide all participating homes with a free sale sign, notepad, and labeling stickers.
To learn more, please see page 5 of this month’s Courier.